- The primary functions of an operations department include the design and management of products, services and processes. In addition, the operations department evaluates and allocates resources to effectively deliver products and services. Management of supply chains is also an essential function of an operations department.
- Purchasing Specialists are accountable for buying up a company’s supplies. They research and determine prospective suppliers, evaluate the offering against key company criteria as well as the essential item specifications, and negotiate purchase agreements.
- Direct Contact with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders
- Preparing and issuing purchase orders and agreements
- Oversee suppliers performance
- Identifying as well as Researching prospective suppliers.
- Liaising with inner project teams and preserving good supplier relations.
- Evaluating goods and suppliers based on key business criteria.
- Preparing proposals, requiring quotes, and negotiating buy terms and conditions.
- Issuing and preparing purchase orders along with agreements.
- Monitoring supplier efficiency and resolving concerns and challenges.
- Evaluating and inspecting the quality of items that are purchased and resolving shortcomings.
- Analyzing market and demand trends and also supporting senior management with all the growth and implementation of sourcing practices.
- Preparing reports and maintaining exact inventory and procurement records.
- Complying with business policies, methods, and regulatory standards.
- High schooling diploma/GED needed.
- At least 2 years of expertise as a Purchasing Specialist or even in a comparable role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or maybe an equivalent area preferred.
- APICS or CPM certification preferred.
- Good working knowledge of buying practices.
- Great communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with enterprise application program, purchasing, and source preparation methods.
- Team player with good organizational skills.
It's always a good idea to include the benefits of the job the company will provide such as:
- Flexible hours to give you freedom and increase productivity
- Life insurance for you and your family members
- Work remotely in the comfort of your home
- Free Gym membership so you can stay in shape
- Fun and Energetic weekly team bonding events
Post the Job Now